Friday, August 26, 2011

Hanne's Bibliography

As an American reenacting with a group doing 16th Century Central European history, we do not have a lot of good written resources, and what we do have has taken me quite a while to track down. So others do not have to search as hard as I have, and so I do not have to repeat myself quite as often I am adding a new bibliography here. I hope to put up book reviews too. Those of you who read my blog but reenact other time periods, I hope you’ll bear with me through these posts, I promise to keep writing on as many different time periods as I reenact, and  on Living History in general.

Hanne von Reischach, a Bibliography
I'm including books and articles that I have read in my quest to make the character I portray as part of Das Geld Fahnlein, Hanne von Reischach, as full a person as possible. I hope the list will be helpful for other folks who want to know more about life in 16th Century Germany, the Landsknecht, camp followers, the Reformation, and the Renaissance mindset.


3 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous idea. I'm going to add some of these to my book wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw, do you know whether "Medieval Germany: An Encyclopedia" edited by John M Jeep is worth going to the effort to view? There is a copy at a library about 45 minutes away, but I don't want to make the trip if it's next to worthless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was taking some classes at Tufts I took a quick look through it, and I don't remember! It is so embarrassing, I remember that it was huge and no one could check it out of the library, but I don't remember actually flipping through it. Sorry I can not be more help!

    ReplyDelete